A healthy marriage needs room to grow, and that means understanding your partner, and what he or she goes through everyday. So, take time to listen. Just listening, without advice or opinions, will help you understand and let your special someone know that they feel special.
Any quiet moment away can do wonders - even if it's just a pleasant stroll through the park, taking in a movie or spending time with good friends.
Keiki O Ka Aina's introduces a program to bring married couples closer together - away from the daily hustle and bustle to reach out and share with each on a whole new level. The program will support your family in maintaining or even improvoing your relationships using an innovative curriculum called 'Loving Couples Loving Children' from the National Healthy Marriage Resource Center.
The Healthy Marriages program supports couples and families by:
• Helping them develop skills that lead to higer levels of trust in their relationships.
Participating couples will commit to 12 weekly sessions which include a candle lit dinner, childcare and quality interaction with your partner. Topics include:
• Honoring mothers and fathers who want to make their relationships even stronger and who want to have a positive relationship with their children.
• Staying Close
This Healthy Marriages grant is funded by the Administration for Native Americans under grant number CFDA #93612.
• Turn Towards, Not Away
• Closing Conversations
• Healing Old Wounds
• Is There Intimacy After Kids?
• Preventing Harmful Fights
• Two Sides To Every Fight
• Recovery Conversations After A Fight
• Parenting - Who Does What?
• Kids By Other Partners
• Avoiding and Healing Violence
• Honoring Your Partner's Dreams